These standards apply to every registered charity that is operating outside Australia, or working with a third party operating outside Australia, no matter how small. These operations could include:
- sending money or other resources overseas;
- sending staff, volunteers, members or beneficiaries overseas;
- conducting activities or working overseas;
- buying goods and services from overseas suppliers (including online purchases); or
- working with individuals or organisations located overseas.
So, if your church is ACNC registered and has an overseas missions program, then you will almost certainly be required to comply with the new External Conduct Standards.