SUPPORT FAMILIES, STRENGTHEN COMMUNITIES.
1. Volunteer in a program that seeks to preserve families and prevent family separation. Volunteers could work with whole families or parents to strengthen their capacity to look after their own children.
2. Volunteer within family reunification programs. Help a family prepare for their child’s return by helping them renovate their house, get access to a water source or set up a small business or a veggie patch.
3. Volunteer in programs run in the community that everyone can access. Examples might be English programs, sports programs, creative workshops or educational support programs.
4. Use your skills to build the capacity of staff working with children. This might be in areas of promotions, websites, English, management, accounting or games and activities.
5. Focus on learning so that you are better equipped to advocate for a project or the needs of children when you return to your own country.